NHS Elect and its national programmes, Ambulatory Emergency Care Network (AEC), Surgical Ambulatory Emergency Care Network (SAEC), Acute Frailty Network (AFN) are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
This notice sets out how and why NHS Elect collects and uses your personal information, and how we protect it. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and with the Data Protection Act 2018. NHS Elect may change this notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this web page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with the changes. This statement is effective from 1st April 2018. NHS Elect is hosted by Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Full name and title
- Contact information including address and post code. This can also include place of home if you are an Associate / self-employed contractor.
- Phone numbers and email addresses
- Bank account details (for payment via Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust)
If you are giving your contact information in our surveys, then we will be using Survey Monkey website for collection and your information will only be used for that single survey purpose. Testimonials will be used on our promotional
(digital and paper) materials where permission has been given to us by email consent.
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information for the following reasons:
- To send you relevant information about our events, programmes and for you to download any resources you require as part of your organisation’s membership with us
- To progress payment via Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust’s finance system
- To respond to you if you have made an enquiry
- We may use the information to keep you up to date with what is happening at NHS Elect via newsletters, but we will always let you know how you can opt out of receiving this
- We may periodically send letters or emails about conferences which we think may interest you using the contact details you have provided.
- We may share your name and work emails with Department of Health & Social Care, NHS England, NHS Improvement for joint events we run with them
- You will be given an opportunity to opt-in to allow us to share your details with them when you book and attend our events.
- We may use this information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and manually. All manual data collection will be transferred securely online and then shredded through our confidential waste disposal process.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that external website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You have a right to restrict our collection or use of your personal information. When you are asked to fill in a form on our website, there will always be a box that you can tick if you do not want the information to be used for our NHS marketing purposes. You can also control the means by which we contact you, e.g. telephone, post, email. You can change your contact preferences at any time. We will only send you information to your organisation email address ending with nhs.uk or nhs.net.
If you have previously given us your permission to contact you and have now changed your mind, you can let us know by emailing email@example.com,calling 020 3925 4851 or writing to NHS Elect at Hogarth House, 136 High Holborn, London WC1V 6PX.If you request that we do not contact you again for marketing purposes, we will respect your wishes. It may take up to 28 days for us to update our records and for you to stop receiving communications from us. After this time, we may still send you administrative communications, for example in relation to payments you are owing or events you have signed up to take part in.
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties. We will not share your information with a third party for their own purposes unless required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please request this in writing to the address above. If you believe that any of the information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible, so that we can correct the information.
We appreciate your support and aim to ensure that your privacy is treated with respect at all times, in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Your explicit consent will be obtained by the organisation to process your data.